The Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami has again, denied any involvement in the controversial siege on the home of a Judge of the Supreme Court, Justice Mary Odili.
Speaking on Channels TV’s Sunday Politics, the minister reiterated that he never gave any order for the siege to be carried out.
He also made further clarifications about a suspect – Lawrence Ajodo, who said he had worked previously with the AGF.
“I have never given him a single case and if I have given him 29 cases, let him show the evidence of the engagement,” Malami said, adding: “I have never seen this man on earth, God knows and I believe there are certain (not only) criminal undertones, perhaps maybe some other undertones, by people who think that by hook or by crook the AG must be a target of aggression one way or the other”.
According to Malami, the suspect is not under the pay record of the ministry and even if he was, he would not carry out operations that are outside the scope of the ministry. Continue…