Malam Isiyaku Eazee Abdullahi
BOT Chairman Malami Drum-Beats
In a democracy, what people need is progress and development. These two key results are only achievable when you have a leader who is focused, innovative and jealously conscious of his people and is willing to help others achieve their goals. Now look at this simple analogy:
- 1. We have a Minister representing our State in the Federal Executive Council.
- 2. This same Minister is the youngest in our history as a State.
- 3. The same Minister is the first to head the strategic and powerful Ministry of Justice in our dear country.
- 4. No other Nigerian from our region has been trusted with the same responsibility in our history as a nation.
- 5. No other Nigerian from which ever state or region has stayed in that office as long as this man representing our state. This is because the office is very sensitive and one must be trustworthy to keep such an office. Our own man has been there for close to 7 years . He broke the records and confirmed his trustworthiness.
- 6. As a Minister, he did not disappoint the President who appointed him, did not fail the nation and did not disgrace Kebbi State which he represents as a flag bearer.
- 7. As a professional lawyer, he has selflessly built other younger colleagues to fulfil their dreams of becoming great lawyers like him. Thus, he has worked very hard to produce a league of younger generation of SANs for our dear state. He is a great mentor.
- 8. We have a great entrepreneur and business man who believes in building kebbi. His huge investments in education, hotels and tourism, broadcasting, agriculture etc, have giving opportunities to thousands of brothers and sisters to get good education and provided jobs for many.
- 9. Kebbi has had Ministers in the past but none has recorded the remarkable achievement of providing huge job opportunities for the people of kebbi state than our present Minister. It is good news that people of kebbi are now chief executive officers of many powerful and sensitive Federal agencies including the Nigerian Ports Authority, HYPADEC, EFCC, Code of Conduct Bureau and others. We also have our people chairing the boards of many organisations and hundreds of kebbi Indigenes are now members of boards of agencies and parastatatals of the Federal Government.
- 10. What more? Thousands of kebbi youths have been employed in many strategic places including the military, para military, civil service and private organisations.
- 11. The man has continued to intervene in efforts to create hope for many in securing loans to establish business, promote agriculture and build Enterpreneurship platforms for our people. Thousands have benefitted and many more thousands will benefit. This is how to build a great society.
- 12. Our flag bearer is one who is constantly eager to give back to society.
The Khadimiyya Foundation for Justice, the Kadi Malami Foundation and other foundations in his fold have been busy touching lives, creating hope and making dreams real and realisable. Hundreds of thousands of lives are being transformed as attention is concentrated on:
Through the distribution of JAMB Forms and training
Supply and distribution of text books, exercise books, writing materials, school bags.
Scholarships for children of the poor.
Establishment of Rayhaan Model Academy and Rayhaan University ( coming up soon)
Establishment of Islamiyya schools and sponsorship.
Procurement and distribution of medical facilities to health institutions.
Sponsorship of medical outreach programmes
Sponsorship of medical aid to the poor.
Supply and distribution of agricultural equipment to farmers
Provision of access to agricultural loans.
Water and Electricity
Drilling of hundreds of boreholes in communities across the state.
Supply and distribution of transformers to communities across the state.
Distribution of support grants to thousands of poor and vulnerable people across the state.
Establishment of Enterpreneurship Development centres to train youths in various trades across the state
Provision of atart ups for graduates of the Enterpreneurship programmes.
Distribution of food items to thousands of people across the state.
Supply and distribution of food items during festivities like Sallah and Christmas.
Promotion of business activities.
Distribution of motorcycles and tricycles to hundreds of people to encourage self reliance through businesses.
Provision of cash start ups for young people to engage in businesses.
Distribution of cars to boost transportation business and enhance commercial activities.
13. His greatest assets are his simplicity, reachability and deep rooted love for humanity.
These and many more are happening. This is something special that has never happened before. If he can do this as a non elected servant of the people, he will most certainly do more as an elected Governor of the people of Kebbi State.
This is Abubakar Malami San, Senior Advocate of Nigeria and reliable friend of the people.